Friday 14 April 2017

Music Diaries: Behind the Mirror

You might be thinking why am I back with Music Diaries when it is not a weekend. Well, I had a great pre-poilu boishak event and when I had such an awesome experience, why not share it with you all? Especially since it is about music.





On an eventful evening one Thursday, City Centre Salt Lake in Kolkata saw the promo launch of the first ever film made on demonetisation- Shunyota.  Following the launch was performances by a city based band- Behind The Mirror. 





The lead vocalist of the band, Poulomi Das was a treat to listen to. The crowd that gathered in front of INOX the evening for listening to the band was much more than what it was for the promo launch.



All photograph courtesy & copyright- Antaheen Partha




If you're reading this there's one thing for sure- you're here for music. And if you trust me even for a bit then you should surely not miss them. The drummer of this band, Suvonil Saha is also the composer and lyricist of the band. While his fingers do the talking, the real feel of the whole composition comes because of Ayan Banerjee's violin.








With Subhadip Ghosh and Surya Banerjee on the acoustic and bass guitars respectively, the band's best composition for me was Parabas

This team of 5 musicians are one of the most promising upcoming musicians of the bunch and hoping to listen to more of them, I wish them all the luck.


Isn't it wonderful knowing music up close? Do you want to share your experience? If you are a musician and you want to speak about music or get featured here, get in touch with me at vanyasnotebook@outlook.com. I would be more than happy to talk to you and discuss music with you.



If you think that there are things about music that you know and would want to share with the whole world, don't forget to leave me a message. To help me with my endeavour, do not forget to share the post. If you have come up with a music album and would want me to review it before release or for that matter, after release, I am always there. Also, if there is a music launch and you want me to cover it (especially if it is in Kolkata, India) I am there. For the people outside Kolkata, give me the details of the launch and I would cover it for you. If there is any music event that you want me to attend, I am just a ping away always. For the rest, as I always say, let your soul be musical 

No comments:

Post a Comment