Saturday 15 April 2017

Music Diaries: Pre-Poila Boishak evening with Riddhi Bandhopadhyay

It's late, I know. But there's a saying that says better late than never. My pre poila boishak days continue to be packed and musical. With the presence of the band I visited a day back, yesterday evening at Outram Club changed my whole mood.


Noted singer and Poncho Kobir Konya, Riddhi Bandhopadhyay was on the house. Along with her team of 4, she belted out songs that would directly touch your heart. The Indianized dresscode of the club added to the flavours.

Nostalgia was written large on the faces of the crowd present there, sitting and standing as tracks that found a new level on Riddhi's voice resonated in the whole club.


A happy woman, Riddhi Bandhopadhyay went on to wish everybody a shubho poila boishak and told them about how excited she is to be on a train journey after ages.

"Live jaabo on facebook" she said, adjusting herself before entering the stage and she went as promised. Her voice and the claps of the guests thundered across as a huge line for pictures was formed.

All photograph courtesy- Antaheen Partha


Isn't it wonderful knowing music up close? Do you want to share your experience? If you are a musician and you want to speak about music or get featured here, get in touch with me at vanyasnotebook@outlook.com. I would be more than happy to talk to you and discuss music with you.


If you think that there are things about music that you know and would want to share with the whole world, don't forget to leave me a message. To help me with my endeavour, do not forget to share the post. If you have come up with a music album and would want me to review it before release or for that matter, after release, I am always there. Also, if there is a music launch and you want me to cover it (especially if it is in Kolkata, India) I am there. For the people outside Kolkata, give me the details of the launch and I would cover it for you. If there is any music event that you want me to attend, I am just a ping away always. For the rest, as I always say, let your soul be musical!

No comments:

Post a Comment