Friday 15 March 2019

Until Love Sets us Apart by Aditya Nighhot: a review

White covers always attract me and this book was no different.  Until love sets us apart by debut author Aditya Nighhot is not just any other book.  It is a love story that caught my attention and will be in my mind for a long time to come. To love,  with love; the tagline stole it for me. Here's what the back blurb has to say about the book…



About the book- Aisha and Rohit are like chalk and cheese.  While Rohit is completely aimless and imperfect,  Aisha is focused and a perfectionist. Just two opposites.  But don't they say opposites attract? He loves her. She loves him.  Their wedding is on the cards but their love is put to test when an unforeseen incident hits their lives.

The rest of the blurb says exactly what my feelings were.  “Can loving somebody immensely set you apart?  Can everything just change in the blink of an eye? Inspired from real life incidents,  this Best romance book of the year award winning novel is a heart wrenching tale of true love, friendship,  and destiny. And a young author's quest to find out what exactly happened… “ That's exactly what the book is all about.  What I loved the most about this book was it's writing style. The narrative was bang on which gave me enough space to imagine yet perceive what the writer was trying to tell me.  

At times,  yes, the book gave me the pleasure of thinking that it is written by a debut author. But barring those times,  the book was a delight. There was a simple yet engaging narrative about Rohit and Aisha and many more characters (which I will not talk about because it is for you to know once you read it)!  Written in an exceptionally simple language, this had hindi poems also duly translated which struck me. The impersonal tone that the author has used gave me a personal read to the mind of the characters.

Talking about the cons of the book,  I believe only the grammatical errors could summarize it.  That said, the writing needs to be a bit more polished. A great one time read from a debut author who I would love to read more from,  this one would be a 3.5 out of 5 for me. Looking forward to more books…

No comments:

Post a Comment