Friday 20 July 2018

Seductive Affair by Rishabh Puri: a review

Okay! When you receive a book titled Seductive Affair there are a lot of things that goes on in your mind. That too, when the book cover suggests that there is a possibility of the whole book revolving around seduction and the game it plays. The blurb, also, does very little in changing the way of thought that the book cover has implanted. Once you start the book, you know what you're up to. Also, the author, Rishabh Puri's bio made me pick up the book against all odds.



About the book- Prisha Khatri is a regular college graduate, focused on her career and freshly dumped by her successful fiance. When she lands a job at a prestigious media house, she's glad to have e something to take her mind off her heartbreak. She lands on a business trip with a famously fiery reporter Rajesh Lagheri. He's travelling to a business conference for a story, and doesn't seem impressed by her involvement. But as soon as they're out of the office, things change, and it becomes clear that there is more to Rajesh's trip than meets the eye. As Prisha is drawn into the story he's trying to hide from their editor, their hunt for the story grows more intense and she finds herself growing closer to Rajesh. As their chemistry threatens to overwhelm them and Prisha is pulled deeper into the Seductive affair, she must decide what matters to her- matters of the head, or of the heart.

Now that I have written what the book blurb has to say, let me get on with how I felt about the book. To start off with, the first few pages of the book promised a lot of punch to the readers. I loved the narration of the story and how it is for all kinds of audience. Also, the descriptions were on point. I liked the way the author described and put forth every situation. It was as if I could visualize the whole thing but then that's that.

The story had nothing substantial to offer, for me. It was an ordinary Mills and boons story which could've been a lot more if added with more punches. Prisha, the female protagonist according to me could've been a stronger character than what is shown. Everything that happens in the story just fell in place at the right time and we all knew what's gonna happen by the end of it. It wasn't an “erotic” novel as such but the few scenes there were was written to perfection.

I couldn't find any such grammatical error in the book and that made it a smooth read for me. It took me one sitting to finish the book and I'm glad it did. The book ends up being a decent one time read not meant for heavy or avid readers. The story had the potential of being much better than what it is now and that disappointed me a bit while reading. That is probably why I am having a bit of a trouble in mentioning more about the book. All in all a nice read, this book was 3 on 5 for me. And I really expect more from the author given his writing and narration skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment