Thursday 12 July 2018

Yours Forever by Nimmu: a review

Love stories: something that I love yet don't find time for reading. Something that makes me feel good. A good love story is hard to find and when I picked up this red beauty by Nimmu titled Yours forever, I didn't know what to expect. Another cliched story? Something underwritten with a lot of potential? I didn't think of anything yet had a lot of questions before starting this red beauty. The blurb of the book made me pick this up earlier than I was thinking of.



About the book- What happens when you fall in love with someone who has vowed to never love again? Sneha’s luck is cursed. What she had anticipated to be a joyous rde into her Residency, turns into the scene from Hell when the man she had done altercation with on her first day, turns out to be her supervisor- Dr. Shiva a.k.a Dr. Hothead a.k.a the Ice King. And just as she thinks life can't get any worse than this, the unthinkable happens. She falls in love with him! From a man she loathes, Shiva turns into the love of her life. But he has had enough of heartbreak to last him a lifetime. Even though enamoured by the endearing and beautiful Sneha, he is still resolved to love no more. As Shiva coldly casts Sneha out of his life, will Sneha meekly listen, never to appear in front of him again? Or will her love manage to melt Shiva’s impenetrable heart? So begins Yours forever, a heart wrenching story about passion, heartbreaks, and love that crosses paths with long buried truths and unexpected tragedies. Battered at every turn, will Shiva and Sneha's love last forever?

Phew! That was a long blurb to type out and the book is that. A lot of emotions packed into one, I immediately could relate to certain feelings of the book. The theme of the book is very realistic and that makes it all the more read-worthy. You fall in love only to be rebuked and then what? While reading the book I'm sure you'll fall for the characters who have made the book what it is.

For me, one of the first things that catches my attention when I read a book HAS TO BE the narration of it. This book by Nimmu scored well on the narration part. There weren't doses of extra dictionary words which would need a lot of thought. Simple words in a simple language makes the book what it is. Next, the way the characters have been written. The whole growth graph of the characters has been wonderful throughout the book.

Sneha and Shiva (oh Shiva I love him) has been very well thought of and their relationship has been shown wonderfully. Rajesh also, turns to be one of my favorite characters. Good part about the book is that, it deals with very few characters are lives the whole story with them. The relationship that Sneha and Mithra share also adds up to the book. No unnecessary drama, to the point storyline. And yes, I cried while reading the book.

Coming to the cons of it, I believe that Rajesh could've had a larger role to play and his book space time was limited to what I call cameo appearances. The story could've had a bit more depth that would make this book all the more better. Also, the ending could've been much better rather than being what it is. The book didn't disappoint me but I expected a lot from it while I was reading it. For me, this book was 3.5 out of 5. Looking forward to more from the author!

No comments:

Post a Comment