Friday 13 December 2013

Rahul kapoor, the author of Scientist sister Sleeping brother in conversation with Ayan Khan


Hello guys,
We’ve decided to throw our hat in the ring and do some author interviews on our blog.
As a start we have with us Mr. Rahul Kapoor who marked his foray into the world of literature with his book "Scientist sister sleeping Brother"

So, here's how it goes--
Hi Mr. Rahul, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Before we start the interview I would like to take a moment to congratulate you for your new book.
Now coming to the interview, lets start with a question about yourself.

 
Ayan- What were you like at school?

Rahul- I was as strange in school as I am today. I was a rebel in all sense. I was good in studies and used to take part in most of the co curricular activities. I did not have many friend though as I like to be alone or may be it would be right if you call me a loner. 


Ayan- Were you good at English?

Rahul- I don't consider marks as a benchmark to judge if a person is good in English or not and I am saying that after I scored 98 in English in class 10th and 95 in English in class 12th. I don't even remember when did I learn English. I used to hear my teachers converse in English and it just came to me there. I am not a very big supporter of English. I would definitely talk in English if I am talking to a foreigner but I don't switch to English if it is not needed. I respect my mother tongue and I am very happy conversing in Hindi most of the times.


Ayan- What inspired you to write your first book ?

Rahul-  I read a headline in a newspaper "Teen with 'Sleeping Beauty Syndrome" wakes up after 180 days and I freaked out as I did not know what sleeping beauty syndrome was, then I asked people around me and nobody knew about this peculiar neurological disorder. It was then I decided that I would write a novel on this syndrome and spread awareness about it and then I did what needed to be done, I wrote a love story and presented 'Sleeping Beauty Syndrome' with love.


Ayan-  Do you have a specific writing style?


Rahul- I don't have any specific writing style. I write what I imagine.


Ayan- How did you come up with the title?


Rahul-  Well the title 'Scientist Sister Sleeping Brother' summarizes the story of the book. The book is all about a Scientist sister and her sleeping brother ... Oops did I not mention her lover ?


Ayan- What genre in your book ? And what draws you to this genre ?


Rahul-  My book is a romantic science fiction novel. It is a very unique genre and not many Indian writers have written on it but did not I tell you in the beginning itself that I am a rebel in my own way.


Ayan- Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?


Rahul-  Well the name of the main character is Rahul. He is a researcher and has a very unique profile. He loves nature and is romantic at heart but at the same time he is emotionally a very strong character. Radhika on the other hand is the most beautiful girl in the world for Rahul.


Ayan-  Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?


Rahul-  My book is all about a message. I have tried to spread awareness about 'Sleeping Beauty Syndrome' through my book. I want people to know about this rare neurological disorder and I also want that one day some one finds a cure to it.


Ayan-  How much of the book is realistic?


Rahul-  Well you write what you are. So although the book is and will be always be inspired by what I see and how I feel about things but at the same time it is a fantasy fiction and not real at all.


Ayan- Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?


Rahul- Well experience will always be inspired from real life figures and so is the case in my novel also.


Ayan- How much research do you do?


Rahul- I had to do a lot of research while writing. I don't even have a passport and in my book I am off to Amazon river so I hope you understand :)


Ayan- When did you decide to become a writer?


Rahul- I was always a writer. I think what you want to ask is when did I decide to write a full fledged novel. The answer is the moment I came to know about 'Sleeping Beauty Syndrome'.


Ayan- What was the hardest and the easiest thing about writing your latest book?


Rahul-  The hardest thing for me was to achieve a stress free mind as only a stress free mind can create a master piece. The easiest thing was that while I was writing I neither had a girl friend nor a job so it was not that difficult to achieve a stress free mind.


Ayan-  Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?


Rahul- No, I did not learn anything. I am here to preach and not to learn


Ayan- Any specific message or advice you want to give to your readers ?


Rahul- Don't start this book on a working day as you won't be able to keep it down once you begin reading.

Thank you Mr. Rahul for giving us your precious time and answering our questions. As an end note please share with us few words for blog.


My best wishes for your blog and your books . All the question which you have asked are very engaging. Thank You !!!

 It was a moment of bliss for us have interviewed a budding author, and I know that you people are enthusiastic to read the authors book. 

So, what are you waiting for?
Grab a copy, Just click on the link http://www.snapdeal.com/product/scientist-sister-sleeping-brother/1371441762

No comments:

Post a Comment